Klara Nemes, M.A., L.P.C.
I believe that psychotherapy is for everyone. Personal growth is a lifelong journey. Having the support of a compassionate therapist is appropriate for those with mental health challenges as well as for those who want to explore the deeper purpose of their life journey.
My knowledge has developed from both traditional Western Psychology and non-traditional Eastern Contemplative Psychology. Through these I have become aware of the interaction between mind and body.
For me, the combination of Western psychology and the contemplative approach serve as the intellect and the heart of therapy. Both have their own function and each is limited without the other. When we integrate them, there is greater healing. In therapy, I help to identify and release limiting beliefs and patterns from the mind and body so people can reconnect with their real self.
I nurture Maitri, an attitude of friendliness and gentleness toward our own experiences. Through it, we make friends with what we reject, with what we see as bad in ourselves and in other people. We develop this attitude through mindfulness and awareness practice.
I understand that my clients’ behavioral and emotional challenges result from trauma, anxiety, stress, loss, and depression. My contemplative training allows me to connect with my clients at a deeper level and offer the possibility for deep healing.
In additional to my general practice of psychotherapy, I offer:
- Hakomi methods for working with shame, anger boundaries, and developmental wounds
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) for trauma and Post Traumatic Syndrome Disorder (PTSD)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) for anxiety and depression
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) skill training
- Support for addiction processes to manage alcohol and drug abuse
- Mindful awareness approaches for dealing with stress and life-balance concerns
- Support for individuals as a complement to their work in couples counseling
I also offer Somato Respiratory Integration (SRI) specifically designed to educate you to your body rhythms and inner wisdom through focused attention, gentle breath, motion, and touch. SRI is a practice and a skill set that you can take with you and practice at home.